In order to operate in the OPEN category, it will be necessary to train according to the following conditions:
- For UAS pilots with class C marking, training must comply with the European format:
- OPEN A1 and A3: following a training course and passing the associated exam (Online - e-learning)
- OPEN A2: after passing the test for OPEN A1 and A3, the applicant will have to self-train in a practical way (in the operational conditions of OPEN A3) and pass an additional exam (in class)
- For UAS pilots WITHOUT class C marking, the qualification level must be equivalent to that required by European regulations for the envisaged OPEN sub-category (Limited OPEN). Training in the European format is generally recommended, but training in the national format acquired abroad can also be used to demonstrate equivalence.
- Exception: training is not compulsory if the UAS is marked C0 or if, without marking, its mass is less than 250 g.
Some useful information
You will receive two documents with two separate numbers, namely:
- A Certificate as an Operator via MyGuichet which allows the identification of the operator with a LUXxxxxxxxxxxxxx number (13 characters). By analogy with the automotive sector, the operator number can be likened to a "car license plate" which would be valid for all the operator's drones.
This process is reserved exclusively for citizens, companies and administrations whose residence / head office is located in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- A Remote Pilot Certificate via the LearningZone Eurocontrol platform (see Training page) which is proof of training for the pilot himself. This document bears a LUX-RP-xxxxxxxxxxxx number (RP and 12 characters) and is deliverable to any citizen of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and / or abroad. By analogy with the automotive sector, this number is similar to a driver's license number.
Both documents must be in the possession of the UAS Pilot.
The pilot is responsible for ensuring that he/she has the appropriate qualifications for the UAS flown and the subcategory used.
* The registration form for the training is now available in English, French, German and Luxembourgish.