Frequently Asked Questions


Where are you and how can I contact you?

Our offices are located on the first floor of the Da Vinci Building at:
4, rue Lou Hemmer
L-1748 Luxembourg
(The red granite building next to the IBIS Hotel at Luxembourg Airport)

DAC's offices in Google Maps


Phone numbers and e-mail addresses:
lic @

  • Mme Mirjam HUIZER (Chef du département des Licences): +352 247 74996 (
  • Mme Carole FLERES (Inspecteur): +352 247 74947 (carole.fleres @
  • M. Christian KIRSCH (Inspecteur): +352 247 74986 (christian.kirsch @
  • M. Stéphane LAMESCH: +352 247 74972 (stephane.lamesch @
Which languages do you speak?

All DAC Licencing agents speak Luxembourgish, German, French and English.

What are your opening times?

We are open from Monday to Friday, except on bank holidays, from 8:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 17:30

Do I need an appointment?

Yes! Please call or e-mail us in order to arrange an appointment.

How much do I have to pay for Licencing services?
What is your account number?

IBAN: LU77 0019 3655 1997 3000
Titulaire de compte: ALSA S.A.
Addresse: 4, rue Lou Hemmer / L-1748 Luxembourg

What do I have to do if I have changed my address?

Please provide a current certificate of residence, issued by an official of your new hometown, or similar official document. Address changes are free of charge.


Pilots / Parachutists

What is EASA?

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), is an agency of the European Union responsible for regulatory and executive tasks in the field of civil aviation safety. Based in Cologne, Germany, EASA was established on July 15, 2002 and reached full functionality in 2008. EASA is responsible for defining the rules, guidelines and standards for all safety and environmental aspects of civil aviation and currently has 32 member states.

For more information, we invite you to consult EASA's website:

What is Part-FCL?

Part-FCL is Annex I of the “Aircrew Regulation”; Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
The Aircrew Regulation is a European legislation regulating Flight Crew (Annex I, Part-FCL) and Cabin Crew (Annex V, Part-CC) Licencing, licence conversions and validations (Annex III), aero-medical examinations (Annex IV, Part-MED), Training Organisations, and FSTD operators (Annex VII, Part-ORA). Please find the latest version of the Aircrew Regulation here: (scroll down to “Aircrew”)

How can I revalidate my SEP(A)?

Please provide evidence of flight experience, or documentation of a proficiency check with an examiner.
For a revalidation through flight experience, please use this form: DAC-LIC-111-19-SEP_A-TMG revalidation form

I’m a holder of / applicant for a Luxembourgish licence, can I do training in another EASA Member State?

Yes! We accept all training done in a training organisation approved by an EASA Authority in accordance with the Aircrew Regulation. Please provide the following documents:

  • Your training documentation (including recommendation for the skill test requested, if applicable),
  • ATO and FSTD certificates,
  • Copies of the instructors’ licences
  • The examiner’s confirmation of our Information for non-Luxembourg flight examiners and copies of their documents.
I am a holder of a Luxembourgish licence, can I do a skill test or checkflight with a foreign examiner?

Yes! We accept all examiners certified by an EASA Member State. Examiners are required to read our Information for non-Luxembourg flight examiners and provide the related confirmation, as well as a copy of their licence, examiner certificate and medical certificate.

I hold an examiner certificate in another EASA Member State, what do I have to do in order to conduct a skill test or proficiency check for a holder of a Luxembourgish license?

Please read our Information for non-Luxembourg flight examiners and provide the related confirmation, as well as a copy of your licence, examiner certificate and medical certificate.
Please note that for Skill Tests, at least 48 hours advance notice to DAC is required. For Proficiency Checks, no advance notice is required.

How can I contact a DAC examiner?

You can find the list of DAC examiners here: list of examiners .

Please note that for holders of or applicants for a Luxembourgish licence, a convocation by DAC is required for skill tests. In order to obtain a convocation, please contact the DAC Licencing Office by phone or e-mail (see above).

When do you hold Language Proficiency tests?

Please refer to this year’s schedule for Language Proficiency tests at the DAC exam centre. 
If you would like to do your test in flight, you may contact one of the assessors from the following list and arrange a flight. 

How can I sign up for a Language Proficiency test?

Please choose a date from the calendar, and send your application form to DAC at least one week before the desired date of the test. 

I am a holder of a Luxembourgish licence and I did a Language Proficiency test in another EASA Member State, do you accept this?

Yes, we accept all Language tests done by assessors certified by the Authority of an EASA Member State. Please provide a copy of the assessor’s certificate with your test results.

I am a holder of a licence issued by another country, can I take a Language Proficiency test at the DAC?

Yes, but as there is no formalised mutual recognition for Language Proficiency, we strongly recommend to clarify in advance if our test is going to be accepted by your Authority.

How do I sign up for theoretical knowledge examinations?

Please use the form for ULM and parachutist examinations, and the form for all airplane, helicopter, sailplane and balloon pilot examinations.
Applications must be introduced at least 10 working days before the date of the exam session, and signed by your instructor as well as a representative of the flight school (except for conversions)
For further information, please refer to our Procedure DAC-LIC 202

I have a question about the result of my theoretical knowledge examination.

If you would like to review your results, please contact the Licencing Office in order to arrange a meeting. Your instructor and a Licencing Inspector have to be present.

How can I transfer my license to Luxembourg?
How can I transfer my Luxembourgish license to another EASA Member State?

Please contact the Authority of the Member State you wish to transfer to.

How long does it take to transfer my license from / to DAC Luxembourg?

For transfers to Luxembourg, this depends on how long your former Authority takes to confirm the details of your licence. In general, you should allow for a month to complete the process.
For transfers to another Member State, we will usually reply to the query of your future Authority within 2-3 days of receipt.

I need a license verification letter.

Please send us a request by e-mail, indicating where you would like us to send it to. Please note that for legal reasons, DAC Luxembourg cannot establish a declaration of no accident / no incident.

How do I get a validation of my license?

DAC Luxembourg issues validations in accordance with Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723 Annex III of the Aircrew Regulation for various activities. Please find the respective forms here:  Aviation - Licence: Conversions and validations — - Administrative Guide - Luxembourg (

Where can I get a medical certificate in Luxembourg?

You can find the list of the AMEs certified for Part-MED medicals and the list of doctors for ULM pilots and parachutists here: Liste des médecins agréés au Luxembourg.

Where can I find the current forms for revalidation, renewal and skill tests?
One of the links on your website isn’t working.

We apologise for the inconvenience. Please let us know via mail to lic @ We’ll get it fixed as soon as possible.

How long does it take to obtain my license / revalidated or renewed ratings in Luxembourg?

If you present yourself at the DAC offices with your complete file, we can usually issue your licence or rating immediately. For complete files received by post or e-mail, your request will usually be treated within a week after receipt, and sent to your home address or your company.

Which flight schools are there in Luxembourg?

The following flight schools are currently certified in Luxembourg:

Which kinds of licenses can I get in Luxembourg?

DAC Luxembourg can issue all licences and certificates foreseen by the Aircrew Regulation, as well as national ULM licences and parachutist licences.

My license was lost / stolen, what do I have to do to get a new one?

Please provide a “déclaration de perte” (declaration of loss) established by the Police or a similar Authority.

What is the difference between revalidation and renewal?
  • Revalidation: extension of a rating while it is still valid
  • Renewal: extension of a rating after it has expired. For a renewal, retraining and an Instructor Recommendation are needed and a proficiency check has to be completed.
My rating / certificate has expired, how should I proceed?
  • For ratings / certificates which may be revalidated through flight experience or refresher courses: if all applicable requirements were fulfilled before the expiry, DAC Luxembourg will consider the request as a revalidation.
  • For ratings / certificates which require a checkflight, or if the requirements above were not fulfilled before the expiry, the renewal procedures have to be followed. For the renewal of class, type or instrument ratings, retraining and an Instructor Recommendation are needed before the proficiency check can be performed.

Last update